Arutas Campus K-6
7201 Arutas Dr
North Highlands, CA 95660
Walerga Campus 7-12
6444 Walerga Rd
North Highlands, CA 95660
Volunteer/Parent & Visitor Guidelines
- Volunteers provide services and support to our schools. They are not to replace the role of either certificated or classified staff. If you’re not sure if an activity is ok, ask your child’s teacher or site administrator for clarification.
- The teacher and principal are completely in charge. If the teacher leaves the room, another staff person will assume responsibility. You are not to be left in charge of a classroom.
- Maintain student confidentially at all times. Concerns about students should be brought to the attention of a teacher, support staff, or administrator. This includes any suspicions of child abuse or neglect.
- Use good judgment and avoid any compromising situations. Work in a room with other people at all times. Never be left alone with one student out of view of other people. Always keep the door open.
- Volunteers are to only use adult bathrooms. Do not use student restrooms.
- Be prompt and consistent in your attendance. Teachers depend on volunteers and plan their work accordingly. Students depend on volunteers even more, especially on field trips.
- Never be under the influence of drugs or alcohol when with students on or off school grounds. You are seen as a role model to students whether you’re on campus or not.
- Do not smoke on school grounds or at any time around students.
- Do not lend money, contribute or solicit money for organizations while on school grounds.
- Do not use the internet inappropriately by going to websites that are not conducive to a professional or educational environment
- Do not use cell phone in the classroom or at any time around students. (e.g. phone calls, taking pictures, videos, or using for music).
- Adhere to district, school, and classroom policies rules and regulations.
- Refer any student in need of first aid or any type of medication to the teacher or front office.
- Learn and follow fire drill emergency procedures and all school rules.
- Notify the principal of any accident you had on school grounds. A written form must be submitted to the principal within 24 hours.
- To eat lunch with your child, please let either the teacher or the front office know ahead of time, sign in and get a visitor’s badge. Parents should sit with their student in a designated area. Other students will not be permitted to eat in the designated area without their own parents. K-6: After lunch, please allow your child to experience recess with their peers, saying goodbye to them once you are done eating and recess has begun.
HALL Pass Visitor Management Tool
Hall Pass Visitor Management protects students and school staff members from the risks of unwanted visitors or child predators gaining access to campus and other school events. When entering a facility, each visitor must present a government issued ID to the front office. Each visitor can be labeled for the reason of the visit. These include but are not limited to: visitor, volunteer, visiting faculty, substitute, temporary student and detention.
HALL PASS Check-in Process:
- The ID is validated as an official government issued ID.
- The information is checked against the National Sex Offender database and the School Visitor Restricted list.
- The Hall Pass visitor is updated with results from the visitor check-in.
- If “Passed,” a badge is printed with time, date, reason, destination and photo for the visitor to wear while on school grounds
- If found on the National Sex Offender Registry or School Restricted list, a visual notice is displayed and alerts are sent out.